Friday, May 25, 2012

Crater By Homer Hickam

Thank you, Booksneeze, for providing this book for me to read and review.


I enjoyed this story. It was very imaginative. At first, I had a hard time getting into it because the author used words and terms that were foreign to me…in fact, I believe many were made up. Things like the “gillie” who played such an important part in the story; a do4u, something that took the place of the older and outdated, outlawed, gillies; blue bangers, pulors and so forth. But once I got beyond allowing these unknowns to stop the flow of the story, I really got into the book.

Although considered a young adult book, I totally enjoyed reading this book. I think teens would find this a wonderful tale. In fact, I will pass the book on to my grandson who is 14 years old and I know he will enjoy it.

The only problem is that the book leaves us sort of hanging. It doesn’t really “end” in a satisfactory manner and leaves us knowing a sequel book is on its way. In fact, at the end of the book you learn the next book will be coming out in 2013. That is frustrating to me! I hate to have to wait for the “next” to find out how things will be resolved from the previous book. Because of this, I am only giving the book 3 stars. I hate cliff-hangers!

So there you have it…you have been warned. If you read this book, you WILL want to read the next. Unfortunately the “next” won’t be available until next year!

1 comment:

  1. Asking questions are in fact good thing if you are not understanding anything entirely,
    but this paragraph presents pleasant understanding yet.
    Also see my web site: cellphonetrackerz.org

    ReplyDelete